Ameritas Dental Plans
With Ameritas, you have options to fit your dental needs backed by one of the largest dental networks in the country and award-winning service. It’s really that simple. Ameritas individual dental insurance is an affordable way to maintain dental health when you are not eligible for benefits through an employer.
Plan highlights include:
- No enrollment fees
- No waiting periods and additional savings by going in-network
- You can visit any dentist, and will almost always pay less out-of-pocket when visiting an Ameritas Dental Network provider
- Over 400,000 access points and 100,000 in-network dentists nationwide
- Discounted fees, typically 30% below average charges in your community
- Two exams and cleanings per year covered at 100%
- Up to $1,500 annual maximum benefit amount per person
- The freedom to choose any dentist or utilize the Ameritas Dental network with over 428,000 access points and 111,500 unique providers
- Comprehensive coverage for all ages (18+) at a single rate
- A 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee
- Dental plans are also available to Seniors ages 65+
- Guaranteed Issue
- Guaranteed renewable to age 80.*
Ameritas Plan Designs
With Ameritas, you can choose from 2 coverage levels: Advantage Network and Advantage Plus, with a choice of a $1000 or $1500 annual benefit.. The Advantage Network is best suited to individuals who use an Ameritas network provider. The Advantage Plus plan is best for individuals who use non-network providers. By participating in the Advantage Network, members receive great discounts on dental services from in-network dentists and avoid billing “surprises” caused by dentists outside of the network who may charge balance billing (bill patients for more than they are entitled to).
More than 8 million people are covered by Ameritas, one of the largest dental and vision insurance companies in the United States. The Ameritas network features more than 425,000 participating providers with deep discounts and rewards that allow you to stretch your money even further. AMERITAS is rated A (Excellent) in terms of financial strength and operating performance by AM Best Company.
Ameritas Advantage Plans
- Designed for someone looking for coverage on all services
- Coverage levels increase year after year
- Plan providing coverage beginning day one
- Choice of $1,000 or $1,500 maximum per year benefit
Ameritas Advantage Plus Plans
- Designed for someone looking for higher coverage levels
- Includes orthodontics and implants
- Coverage on major services starts day 1, but increases year over year
- Choice of $1,000 or $1,500 maximum per year benefit
Network vs. Non-Network
- All plans offer out-of-network benefits
- Non-network plans provide higher levels of coverage for non-network dentists
- Network plans are cheaper, and are a good way to save money if your dentist is in network
Why do I need dental insurance coverage?
Consider the advantages to your overall health. If you are considering dental insurance, you may ask, “Why do I need it?” Consider the benefits to your overall health. The oral and ocular health of an individual can be an important sign of detecting early stages of many health risks, as well as preventing many other health issues.
Ameritas understands that your needs are unique
We’re committed to finding you the dental and vision plans that meet your needs. Our dental insurance plans offer affordable coverage with instant free online quotes, coverage for individuals 18+ (including seniors), no online enrollment fees and the Ameritas dental network.
Worried about filling a claim? Don’t be. Ameritas’ claims contact center is excellent. Their customer service motto is to do whatever it takes to ensure their customers receive the care they need. Here are some stats about their contact center:
- 87% of customer phone calls answered within 30 seconds
- The phone call abandon rate is only 1.01%
- 97% of customer dental claims are processed in 9 business days on average
- Dollar accuracy of processed claims 99.16%
- The contact center has, over the years, answered 1,383,422 calls and processed 3,733,670 claims
- 97% of calls have their issue resolved by the first call
No, with our Ameritas dental insurance plans, you have the freedom to use any dentist you would like. You do not need to select your dentist from a list of network providers to qualify for benefits and coverage. However, if you purchase a network plan, you have the ability to lower your out-of-pocket costs and receive the greatest savings when you utilize a Ameritas Dental Network provider.
With Ameritas, you receive two cleanings per year.
Enrollment materials will be emailed or mailed to you within 7-10 business days of a completed application, depending on the selection made during the enrollment process.
This is the time a member must wait from the effective date of coverage for certain procedures to be covered. These are different for each plan. Ameritas offers dental and vision plans with no waiting periods.
Some dental plans may work better for you or your family. Here are a few questions to ask yourself, while reviewing plans:
- Are there waiting periods for certain procedures?
- Does this plan require you to use a network of dentists or can you use any dentist you choose? If the plan has a network, what dentists participate in the plan’s network?
- If I used a dentist outside the plan’s network, what will the benefits be?
- Does the plan charge an enrollment or application fee?
- Is there a deductible on the plan?
- What is the annual maximum?